Monday, November 29, 2010

I am so glad I posted that cute fall picture of my darling little family before our first snow fell overnight. I am so excited that winter is steadily approaching, what can I say I probably should be living somewhere that gets tons of snow because I love it so much, and maybe I just say that because we get enough snow where it's fun and very manageable, who knows! This last week we went to Phoenix to spend our very first ever Thanksgiving with my in-laws. It was absolutely wonderful, I really hope that as a family we start spending more time together.

On Thanksgiving night we decided it would be best to drive the hour and a half home so that my hardworking hubby could be at work for his black Friday sale. Well I'm so glad we did, because we realized that the fabulous outlet mall that is in between home and Phoenix opened at ten. We were caught in traffic for a while and finding a parking spot was a bit of a challenge but we finally made it. Isaac and I took a quick look around oohed and awed over the beautiful decorations and then hiked it back to the car where I turned on the heater and my heated seats and comfortably watched the Karate Kid ( for like the millionth time). Within about oh two minutes Isaac was fast asleep. I've never been out shopping like that and it was kinda fun, although if I seriously needed to get something I may have been a little frustrated.
Yesterday was absolutely perfect as well, snow was falling in AZ and we put on Christmas carols, had a roaring fire in the chimney, dinner was baking in the oven and happy little kids and super happy parents decorated our Christmas tree. What can I say I guess I'm a bit of a gusher but I've been feeling extremely blessed recently. So with a wonderful memory maker of a Thanksgiving behind us I look forward to a very blessed holiday season for our family as well as yours.
Oh and in case you were curious or if you wern't and I'm telling you anyway... I had a fantastic week being 30!!

No comments: