Wednesday, May 11, 2011

my dad's retirement means lots of extra work for me

So I mentioned a couple of months ago that my dad decided to retire a little earlier than he had planned. Since his retirement a couple of months ago, it's been a bit of a whirlwind change your life kind of pace around here. You see, if you didn't already know my parents live right up the street from us, it works well for us actually really well. We learned right away to have some boundaries like no coming over usually without calling first and so on, so we love it. OK back to the point...my dad is a keep busy at all times kind of guy he has to have projects every single day that will take up the whole day. Thank God for this because if he was a lay on the couch and watch westerns all day kind of guy I think I would be searching the yellow pages for a good divorce attorney for my parents. I love it, he takes the boys hiking and fishing and some mornings he takes them to school for me or picks them up, I'm starting to wonder what I ever did without him. I love it and all but boy does he keep me busy, all this week we have been at my house pulling weeds, cutting bushes, digging out dead bushes (have I mentioned that I absolutely hate gophers and moles right about now). I feel at this point I could give our local landscapers a run for their money, but I won't it's really hard on my back, ouch! So as I pour scoop upon scoop of Epsom salt into my bath and sit there until I'm as shriveled as the raisins in my cereal I feel ever so grateful to have such an amazing dad who helps me in so many ways, I feel blessed that he is such a wonderful pa to my boys. Tomorrow on the other hand when I can't get out of bed, but he insists because it's planting day I will curse (quietly of course, I do have my manners) his name and will politely hand him the want adds.

No comments: