Saturday, August 13, 2011

change

For those of you who don't know me very well there is really only one thing you need to know to know exactly the kind of person I am....I am a creature of habit, I love consistancy, structure, routine....I get totally overwhelmed and turned upside down when anything in my world changes. Change takes a hold of me and obviously since my last post over a week ago, it takes time for me to get used to anything new. I've had many days lately with peace and quiet. I've learned a lot about myself lately, for one that I totally do not like as much peace and quiet as I've had as of late. The quietness is my house it literally depressing and I haven't figured out just how to get used to it. I've been a stay at home mom for more than eleven years now, and to not have any kids at home with me through the day feels well weird. I don't have to make mac and cheese for lunch, I miss nap time terribly, I can just get up and go anywhere at anytime without having to find little shoes. It's just sad! My heart aches and I miss my kids so much, I know that this too shall pass and I will learn and get used to being alone all day but until then my world feels small, lonely and for goodness sakes I miss tripping over swords and stepping on legos. So I selfishly ask that you all please pray for me, pray that I get used to being with out chubby little cheek kiddos all day, pray that God will teach me what my new role will be now and that I will be open and accepting of all that He has planned for me in this new stage of my life. Thanks so much, happy Saturday y'all I'm off to go play with my little kiddos and make as much noise as we all possibly can.

1 comment:

Gharrity Family de Santa Fe said...

Aww Shiri, you are the best mom ever! My kids are both in school this year too, and although I am not at home with them, I miss them a ton too! I miss not knowing exactly what they are doing all day! I'm praying for you!

Trish