Monday, October 5, 2009

counting down...


Luis won the game
(he beat me by one
point!)








Either I'm really excited
or this ball is way heavy!




Happy Monday all, hope today starts the beginning of a wonderful week for all of your households. Today marks the official countdown to fall break, our house is literally buzzing right now. The boys are really excited to get a break for their routine, and Luis is going home to visit with his mom and sisters so he is really excited. I'm excited too, the weather has changed so much in the past week, I am eager to get out and take the boys hiking to see all the leaves changing colors. I love fall I think it is my favorite of the seasons. I love the colors and can't beat the temp, although the wind I could do without. I love taking out all the warm soft clothes and bulky sweaters and boots, can't forget the boots!! I love staying home and making warm yummy things for the family to eat, yummy soups, thick hearty stews, sweet and savoury breads. I'm so excited for this season to arrive, to say goodbye to our long hot summer and look ahead to all this time of year brings.
We had a wonderful weekend, a few weeks ago I mentioned the new chore chart our family is using, well it is paying off big time. I am no longer the nag of the bunch. Chores get done or they don't and it's all up to them, if they want a reward they work together to get things accomplished and if they want a frowny face on the chart and no reward well that is up to them too. I love that I am no longer a nag but I love even more that they are working together on things but most of all I love that they are beginging to feel a sense of pride in their work and a sense of responsiblilty, I should of done this years ago. Here are some pics of the boys enjoying their reward:) Have a great week!

No comments: