Friday, September 5, 2008

Blessed are we

I find myself sometimes getting so caught up in the tasks of the day...run here..pay this...wash this...what time is that appointment that I often forget the little things that make each day extraordinary. Isaac reminded me of that today.
After I finished working out I walked over and got him from childcare where they were playing outside. I held his hand and we began our trek to the car. On our way he saw a tree and lay ed on the grass beneath it and said "mama look" as he pointed to the clouds and then "come sit minute". We lay ed there for a long time watching the clouds pass and pointed out different shapes, then as we got up and walked we reached the gate there is a bench there and he wanted to "sit minute" and we drank our water and just sat there. And for those few minutes we just sat and sat in the moment everything else that I thought I had to do just vanished then we walked further and he did somersaults in the grass. In all we stayed at the club for an hour after I finished my class, it was wonderful to be reminded to just enjoy the moment and have some fun. My hope is to do that more often because as I think about my boys I realize that time is just flying by so I hope to have more small precious moments and hope to "have to" less :) P.S I just ordered a new camera and it should arrive in just a few day and then I will have wonderful pics of our wonderful life to share.

No comments: