Tuesday, September 2, 2008

home sweet home

Nice to be back home and back to our routine. We made an unplanned very fast trip to New Mexico over the weekend and it was wonderful. We left early Saturday morning and drove straight through to Eagle's nest. I hadn't been there since I was a kid I had forgotten how beautiful it was. The weather was crisp and cool and the rain was amazing. The kiddos went fishing and were really excited about how many they caught and then we grilled them up and ate them for brunch. After a wonderful night and day at the lake we headed to Santa Fe. We visited with some family. My aunts, grandparents and cousins it was great I felt really spoiled being able to see them again so soon, we were just there in June. It seems the longer I live in AZ the less I go to NM. I loved seeing my family again, it was really nice because when I really thought about it, it had been almost a year since I'd seen my grandpa. I think that's the longest amount of time I've ever been away from him in my whole life. We had a great time together at the lake we sat outside and just talked away. I was mixed with emotions I just pray that nothing is wrong with him.

The trip home yesterday was great too, I wasn't looking forward to the traffic, but it wasn't bad at all the kids slept a lot and the trip went fast and we were home safe and sound before I knew it, thank you God.
Our week is starting off good, the kids were excited to go back to school and needless to say I feel blessed by the opportunity to be with my family this weekend :)

3 comments:

Michaelene said...

Still WAITING for pictures, HELLO???
I'm so sorry we didn't get to spend any time together while you were here, I know you were chicken of the pilates class...and with good reason! I'm just barely getting over the soreness ... she was trying to punish all of us for showing up on Labor Day!
We are going to try with everything we have to get to Prescott for Halloween. It's been a really long time since the boys got to go Trick-or-Treating together and with Sophia and Little Miss M...I'd really like all the kids together, soon.
Alright chicken liver...get some pictures up on the blog already!
Love you all...tell Manuel I saw the pictures your Mom had on her camera from her real birthday...I think he's a chimpanzee in real life? Maybe?

Shiri Briseno said...

just ordered a new camera and it should arrive in just a few day so the pics are on their way. Hoooray. Sorry to have missed you too, it was kinds of weird not seeing you although I got to see Garrett. It would be so awesome if you came for Halloween or just sometime soon love ya.

Michaelene said...

Well hurry up and steal some pictures from your Mom!

Love you, too! Matt already said yes, we're going for Halloweenie! And he said why don't we baptize Sophia while we're there??? good idea, huh?

My mom just called, Pray Hard, hard, hard...the results of the biopsy are in. They're taking him now at 4 -- Dom and I are heading downtown for a Navajo taco. I wish you were here so we could all get the news together =( It'll be fine