Thursday, December 18, 2008

getting ready to hit the road...

Today as the snow was falling I had an overwhelming sense of gratitude. I was sitting in front of the window watching the snow and doing my Christmas cards (yes, but better late than never). I could hear the dryer in the back and all I could think of is how happy I am to be going to be with all of my family for Christmas. It's been years since we've all been together for the holidays and I feel so appreciative that I have such a wonderful family to go home to. I am also grateful for Manuel's family, I have grown to love them all as much as my own. With all the hustle and bustle this time of years brings it was nice to sit in the moment and to feel such excitement I hope your holidays are just as warm and your heart overflows with the joys of the season. This Christmas is about the deeper meaning of the season for my family, Christ may his peace be upon us all now and throughout the new year. I know I'm getting all mushy but I'm just so inspired to have an old fashioned family Christmas and to celebrate the real meaning of this day without all the bells and whistles of years past.

1 comment:

Michaelene said...

We enjoyed you guys so MUCH! I'm so glad we got to spend so much time with you and your boys. I figured Naynie wasn't all that interested in spending the night here - he didn't mention it again after Nicolas was here =(
I hope you guys had an uneventful trip home. We send all of you love and Happy New Year wishes.