Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Thursday everyone

I'm so grateful I get to stay home almost all day and just play with Isaac, these day are kinda rare anymore.

We are having an amazing week around my house I can't believe it's already Thursday though, my my how time flies when your raising children. I'm trying to enjoy these last few days before the kiddos are finished with the school year. I'm excited to not have to run around as much but I know in just a few weeks I will hear the ever famous summer time "I'm bored" routine. After my bible study yesterday (Growing Kids God's way) I have a couple of ideas in mind to keep the summer time blues at bay, first off is to start a weekly family meeting just to make sure everyone is doing good what their highs and lows for the week are and to set up a chore list. I've come to the conclusion that my name is Shiri not servant and the kiddos (teenager included) are going to start having daily chores that they have to get done in order to earn allowance and/or privileges. I'm not going to nag or be the ever present drill Sargent anymore if they don't do it they don't get paid and their door will be closed until the next day. Although this really tests me because I really like a clean house at all times. Lord please help me with my control issues, let the dust settle it's really OK. That cleanliness is next to godliness is going totally out the window.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful week, enjoy each and every day it's a present.

2 comments:

Michaelene said...

Kiss, kiss, Nicolas! I am so sorry we couldn't be there with you. Shiri, sounds like Mother's Day was a very nice one for you - you deserve it.
Ok, I know we've got to get out there. What's the happening for Nicolas' birthday?

Michaelene said...

Ummm, that last comment was for your previous post -- DUH!!
Love to you all...