Tuesday, May 5, 2009

growing family

Ok I'm back I know it's been a really long time, but my life has just become a little busier so computer time has been put on the back burner for a while. Our family just became a family of six. My teenage step son came to live with us almost three weeks ago now, this has been a three year process getting him here so we are so happy to finally have him home.
The adjustment and transition has been good, although we all have our days. The only thing I have to say is that teenagers are very different from little ones. I struggle daily with balancing little ones and their needs and those of a young man. I feel caught in between two very different worlds. Luis (my stepson) is wonderful, he is respectful and well behaved ( at least thus far). The younger boys are thrilled to have an older brother, sometimes maybe a little overwhelmed though. It's been amazing to watch how everyone in the family has had to make changes, birth order and such has been thrown out the window. My typical first born is struggling with his new place in the family. Blending a family is a wonderful opportunity to grow and learn but also a huge transition. I pray that as the days go I will know what role I need to play and in what ways I can best help every child in our family. My role has changed too and I pray that God gives me grace, patience, understanding, maturity and a heart full of love so that I may raise all of these boys with love in their hearts and faith in their souls.

No comments: