Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Nicolas joins the adult table for the first time...

What a wonderful weekend, I couldn't have asked for more. Friday night started the tone of the days to come. My aunt Jolyln, Nicolas and I went to our church for rehearsal for the big day, it was absolutely wonderful. Saturday we woke up super early to go to the church for pictures and then it was time, time for Nicolas to receive communion and confirmation. He was so thrilled, he had to do a reading during the service so he was really nervous until that point then he smirked and said " it's all down hill from here mom, I'm ready to do this now". My eyes watered the whole time, I can't believe my baby is old enough to be doing this I kept thinking. I felt so proud of him, all these years of atrium all the sacrifices our family had made (skipping other extra curricular activities and such) all lead up to this moment for him. Like Father Daryl said Nicolas was now joining the feast, the adult table and welcome, welcome, welcome. Nicolas has such a love for the Lord that it is truly inspiring for me to watch him.
After church we had a wonderful party at my Mom's house for him, and it was wonderful filled with family, friends and teachers. The day flew by as we all enjoyed each other. I don't think the smile faded from my face for even a second the whole day, I'm such a proud mommy of my little man.
Sunday was mother's day and my day to work at the nursery, that went by quick didn't have very many kids (and Jolyn if you read this, thank you, thank you for helping me ). Then if was off to brunch at one of our favorite breakfast restaurants. Isaac believe it or not was wonderful the whole time, that's a definite first! Then it was off the to square for the arts & crafts show it was great the booths had such need and artistic things and the weather couldn't have been better. Overall this was a fantastic weekend I hope everyone had a happy and blessed mother's day, and I promise I will post pics of this wonderful event soon. Thanks Grandma:)

No comments: