Thursday, March 10, 2011

I'm a working mom now, wow!

At the beginning of this year I knew I wanted to venture out, try different things, push myself a little more, accomplish a little more and learn a little more about myself. I've been a stay at home mom for eleven (YIKES!!) years and I've loved every bit of it, but recently I'm coming to the realization that my time at home is dwindeling very fast. Our youngest, Isaac will be five (another YIKES!! and where does time go?!?!) next month and that means he will likely start school in August, and out here in AZ kindergarten is full day, so it has me thinking that I need to figure out what my next step is, where my next journey begins so to speak, one without toddlers.
I've been doing Zumba for a long time now and I've always loved it, I love working out anyway and Zumba just added something different and fun into my workout routine. I kinda mentioned that I would love to teach Zumba to a couple of women in my life and let me tell you, I've really had no other choice but to teach. I am not a certified instructor until March 19th but Since last week I've taught 10 classes! I think today was my best class yet, with each class I notice I get a little calmer and a lot more confident. I practice all the time and I think it's paying off, I'm feeling very prepared when I walk into the room instead of like back in my school days where I had to get up in front of the class and give some sort of presentation. I'm enjoying this way more than I ever thought I could and I'm picking up a lot of work, more than I had initially wanted but I love it so much that at this point the more the better. I'm starting to think that something that I like and do could possibly turn into a career for me and that is exactly what I wanted. I started this year just having turned thirty feeling like I was good at nothing other than being a mom and wife, I had no skills that I could use in the real world if heaven forbid I had to support myself and my children and that scared me. I'm figuring out that yes I am good at it, I can do it and the best part is that it's fun and I'm making money, and the added bonus is that it's getting me in better physical shape every day, and I get to pay it forward and help other wonderful ladies reach their goals too! I could go on and on at this point I just hope that each of you find something that you love and makes you happy!

No comments: