Thursday, February 9, 2012

my little Rocky

So today Isaaac and I are just hanging out around the house, he is making Valentines cards and watched a few cartoons this morning. It's been nice to hear the sound of Elmo in the background this morning, and hear the little pitter patter of feet running down the halls, it was nice to sit down with my little boy for breakfast. I've missed mornings like this, I've missed him now that he's in kindergarten. Isaac is home with me today not because he's sick but rather because he had a run in with a barbie car. Yesterday all the boys were playing outside after school. Isaac was in my niece's barbie car, yes the hot pink one! He loves that car I think he has spent more time driving that thing around than my niece ever has. I have four wheeler tonka toys for him but he would rather drive the barbie car up and down the driveway. Well ok back to the incident, the boys were running around riding scooters and just being boys when Isaac went to turn and leaned to far over and fell right out of the car hitting his eye on the mirror on his way down to the concrete. He ran in more scared than anything, then I noticed the blood and the instant swelling of his nose and entire eye. I rushed him to the doctor who luckily with three boys has an office right down the road from us. He assured me that his eye was fine and that he would just be a total chick magnet for the next week or so with his manly looking black eye. Isaac thought that was gross and funny all at the same time. This morning when he woke up his eye was still so swollen he couldn't open it, so I thought it would be best if I kept him home today. He is having a great day, although it was music today at school so he's a little bummed about missing that. How lucky am I that my kiddos love school so much! I'm also feeling extremely lucky or I take that back I feel blessed. I feel blessed that while raising three boys, our accidents and illnesses have been few. I pray every day that He protects my children, I remember a few years ago I hear Joel Osteen talk about a prayer his mom would say every day over her children and since then I've said it each and every day. Raising boys is like living in a tornado most days and I need Him to have watch over them and take care of them because try as I might I can't stop them from being boys. So I must run now, I'm being called to play candy land and build a lego fort, have a wonderful day!

No comments: