Wednesday, February 29, 2012

a really bad no good day


Yes yesterday was indeed one of "those" days. It was also a day that hurt my feelings, my pride, my ego, my heart and really my whole being. All except my faith, all day yesterday during my really bad not so good day I just kept reminding myself of all the blessings in my life. I am reminded during this lenten season to lean more on Him, and less on myself. When I struggle and boy do I feel like I'm struggling right now that that moment is a moment He may be providing so that I bring myself a little closer to Him. I went to church this morning and that is exactly what I heard during father's sermon. That when we have our bad days maybe that's Him calling us to Him so that he can protect us and love on us a little bit and also so that we may just let it go so that His will may be done. I am also reminded lately that I need to slow down just a little, not fill my plate so full and make time for down time and fun time. I schedule play time for the boys so why don't I make play time for myself? I make sure the boys are in bed at a certain time each night but I will stay up late doing things, chores, projects and those nights lead to tired days. I'm learning that I need to lean on Him, slow down, not care what others may say about me or think of me, I'm facing that I can't please everyone all the time and that is ok. I believe in my heart that I'm a good mom and wife and I love the Lord with all my heart and that's all that matters. I try everyday to be and do my best and on days like yesterday it's ok if it's just not good enough. So today I will make time so slow down, play, pray, work a little and be intentional and present in MY life. Because as I learned yesterday when I'm in too much of a hurry, to busy doing too much for others and not taking care of myself accidents happen.

No comments: