Saturday, March 3, 2012

Purse and scarf raffle


Today I was blessed to attend a fundraising event for a co worker of mine. She is a fantastic instructor and personal trainer. Unfortunately she is in dire need of a new kidney she has kidney failure and is very sick. Today the gym I work for had a purse and scarf raffle. I had never heard of such a thing before little did I know that I was in for a big treat today. We purchased raffle tickets and put them in the purse we liked and Joan picked a ticket, I won every purse I really wanted. How cool! There was a ton of food, we had over 150 purses donated and tons and tons of beautiful scarves we also landed up with some beautiful handmade jewelry being donated. People can be so generous, with their time, talents and purses I found out today. Joan is such an amazing God loving woman who has a shoulder for anyone, an ear for any problem, and arms for those days when you just need a hug. Today we were able to help her and she was speechless and so very grateful. At the end of the day we raised $3,000 for her. Three people also generously offered to be tested to see if they were a match so they could possibly donate a kidney to Joan. I'm just happy I was able to be apart of such a wonderful and special day and also because I get to add two new purses to my growing collection.

No comments: