Monday, August 4, 2008

Back in school

I have to admit that I was a little excited about the arrival of the first day of school, I could finally get back to my routine, however today felt much different than I thought it would. I went to bed early last night so that I would wake up on time and be able to get the boys off to school with matching shoes and clean teeth. Well I laid there for a long time, I felt like it was my first day of school to. Who would I meet, would I know anyone and would I like the teachers, I laughed when I caught myself sounding like a 3rd grader or a kindergartner for that matter. Finally the alarm went off this morning and I woke up feeling wide awake but not at all happy rather kind of solemn our house was quiet not the chaos I'd imagined. I had them dressed, ready and out the door with plenty of time to get to school early enough to walk the boys to their classrooms and settle them in. I guess I forgot how old Nicolas is getting there wasn't any of that cutesy stuff just come in put your bag down and have a seat not a single tear, bye mom I love you...nothing. Then it was off to Nathan's class, we hadn't met his teacher yet so it was quite exciting to go to his room. His classroom was like entering wonderland it was amazing. Everything was so colorful and great and his beautiful teacher greeted us and showed Nathan his desk with his cute name tag and of course it was a frog cut out. Could she have known my child anymore than this I don't think so, it made his day to have his own frog on his desk. If you haven't read before we had tons of froggy adventures this summer. One of the girls cried and cried it was heartbreaking. I left the class with Isaac in tow and one eye on Nathan with a huge smile on his face. That was it the waterworks started. I tried to get out the door as fast as possible so no one would notice what a baby I was being, but I couldn't help it I felt sad, my cuddle bug days are over.
So for all the anxiety I was feeling about the kids starting a new school, well some of them are still there, I like the boys will miss the familiar faces but we are off to a great start and we'll meet new ones, life just opened a new door full of possibilities so we'll take it.

1 comment:

Michaelene said...

You're so cute and such a good mommy! I'm glad the boy's weren't at all anxious about a new school! That just means they'll make that many NEW friends!
My love to all of you -- hope the first day of school was a GREAT one boys!