Monday, September 28, 2009

moving on...moving up.. who knows just moving


The tiny apple tree, planted only a few years ago>>>>













So last week Manuel and I sold our very first home together. It's been vacant on and off for the last two years (we rented it for a while). I thought that the moment we closed would feel like well new years eve or the fourth of July, you know fireworks. Well I guess it took a while to get excited about it. I feel that we are closing the door on a chapter of our lives together, the part where babies were born, learned how to crawl and walk, you know all the cutesy shmutsey stuff, the beginning of a marriage the beginning of real life. As I vacuumed the rooms for the last time before the new owners would move in, the emotions and memories were overwhelming. I would never again vacuum Isaac's nursery, ironic when I think back at all the sleepless nights I spent in there thinking how nice it will be when he sleeps through the night when he is older. I would never again rock him to sleep in that room, sing itsy bitsy spider or watch his favorite cartoon for the bizillionth time, they boy's room felt the same. I ran my hand along the fresh coat of beige paint on the walls remembering the bright blue it once was. I am (as if you didn't notice) a creature of habit, I adjust very slow to change. I like things to stay the same for a while, maybe I feel that way because of all the huge changes that have happened in the last six months (stepson moving in and two huge deaths in our family). I feel like I have just had to close the doors on so many things lately. I guess I just have to remember that when He closes a door He always opens a window. The window in this case is that it will be nice going into winter minus one house payment. I am very grateful, and I look forward to making this new house our home and creating new and wonderful memories.

2 comments:

Michaelene said...

I have a dumb question ~ why do you only have a bday ticker for Isaac?
I know how you feel about the house, but really, it gets easier & easier with each new home. There are so many more memories to be made with your beautiful family (be glad you took lots of pics back then!!).

Laura said...

What a bittersweet moment for you and your family. I'm having the same thoughts as we are in the process of trying to sell our home so I know how your feeling, but remember you will always have your memories to reflect back on.