Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Snake!!!!!!!




Well after a regular afternoon ritual of picking up the kiddos from school and a quick trip to Costco we found an unusual visitor at our front door. A little snake was happily stretching in the sun next to my flower pots. The kids were super excited and tried to get a little too close, I had no idea what kind of snake it was so we all kept a safe distance. For a moment I thought Isaac might pounce and pick it up, he has absolutly no fear of anything. Manuel has come to the conclusion that it was more than likely a gopher snake, a new one for us we often see king snakes, and bull snakes. I'm afraid of all of them because I don't know the good ones from the bad ones, not that their bad just venemous (EEEKK!!). I'm definetly looking forward to the time that they go away for the winter, it will make my walks with the dogs a little more enjoyable, I might be able to look at something other than the ground for a change.
Our week is going great, the kids have really adjusted to the routine of the schoolday. I implimented a chore chart at the begining of the school year and that let me tell you is a miracle all wrapped up in a dry erase board, I should of thought of this years ago. They work way better than the good old paper chore charts. I used to let the kids design their own and color them however they wanted to and within a few days the charts were usually in the garbage or recycling bin. Luis even marks his done chores with a star each day, I am so proud of him I don't know if he is excited about the rewards they can earn if they do all their chores or if he just knows I desperatly need him to be a good rolemodel for the younger kids, I hope it's some of both. I hope you all are having a wondeful week I found this in my daily devotional hope it helps you because it sure helped me this week..."practice good principles everyday and victory will be the rule and defeat will be the exception in life". Don't you just love Beth Moore????


No comments: