Friday, September 18, 2009

TGIF











I am so thankful it is finally Friday, we've been counting down the days this week until today because this afternoon we are headed up to the Laughlin/Vegas area to go have some fun on the beautiful lakes. Lake Mead (Hoover Dam) is one of my all time favorite lakes, the water is crystal clear (you can actually see down further than your feet, a huge fear of mine!!) and so warm, it's like bath water almost. That makes getting in the water for some boarding, skiing and such so much fun. We are also going to head over to Lake Mohave, all of these lakes are fed by the Colorado River so the water there should be equally clean, clear and warm. I'm so excited to go and get the heck outta dodge for a few days.
Isaac has just been a little ham this week, I think he is really starting to like having the house all to himself while the other kiddos are at school. He has been more loving and cuddly, although it is definitely all about him all the time, but that's OK.

My daily devotional had something in it that I thought I would share...I loved it and needed it this week, I have been so weary and it's nice to know that blessings and joy are usually felt or come in times of persecution and pain but both lead back to happiness. Joy is circumstantial, so chose it!

"You turned my lament into dancing; You removed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness"
Psalm 30;11

Have a wonderful weekend everyone

2 comments:

Michaelene said...

Have fun! Please be very careful, but certainly enjoy one of the last weekends this will be possible. Fall has certainly "fallen" upon Santa Fe ... 50 some degrees and rainy, cloudy, foggy =)

Gharrity Family de Santa Fe said...

Shiri your blog is great! Have fun this weekend, I'm jealous!