Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Gingerbread Heaven...

A picture of the train
that circles around the whole village

This one was the kid's
favorite, it is from the
movie UP




I liked the more traditional
looking ones like this.



This creation won first
place in the church theme
category




I was able to spend some much needed quality time with Nicolas & Nathan so we decided to go to our local gingerbread village. The Prescott Resort does this every year, it is the biggest in the state. Children from across the state, schools, hotels, news agencies, newspapers, restaurants, companies you name it every one brings in a gingerbread creation to be judged and set out for hundreds maybe even thousand to admire. A working train circles the entire masterpiece it is always so much fun. It's also so amazing to see the imagination some people have and also what candy can do other than adhere itself to my hips. Isaac was not up to going that day so we will venture out again with him, I could see it everyday it never gets old and I think I see something new each time. It's given me some ideas to try at home for our own gingerbread houses. Take a peak:)

No comments: