Friday, April 8, 2011

Mmmm...mmmm Good!!


The weather out here in AZ this week has been crazy, our high temp last week was almost 80 and today we are expecting snow!! I heard a friend of mine say this week that mother nature must be suffering from a sever case of PMS. With all this crazy weather it sure is making everyone really sick all three boys and my darling husband all missed some school and work this week. It's been really yucky! So I thought I would show some love and hopefully help them all feel better so I made my man's favorite meal and since he loves it so much I thought I would share it.

Chicken Soup:
2 Tbsp Grape seed oil
1/2 a large onion or whole small onion, chopped
4 celery stalks, chopped
6 carrots, cute into bigger pieces
28 ounces reduced sodium chicken broth
28-32 ounces warm water
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
Salt and Pepper to taste (I don't usually add much salt because the broth has so much in it already)
Heat oil in pan once it's hot add in all the veggies and let cook about 7 minutes or until tender. Add in the tomato paste and mix well, then add chicken broth and water mix well making sure there are no lumps of tomato paste then add the bite size pieces of chicken. Bring to a boil and then let simmer about 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. You can garnish with thyme or rosemary ( I usually don't and it's still wonderful, my garnish is usually a big hunk of yummy bread). Serve and enjoy, it's even yummier the next day.
I don't usually eat meat so when I'm making this for me I add quinoa and tofu instead of chicken and use vegetable broth instead of the chicken broth, my family loves it vegetarian style as well. I hope your family enjoys this as much as mine does. Well I have to run I have noses to wipe, medicine to dispense (Nicolas has a sever ear infection at the moment) and pillows to fluff. Have a wonderful Friday!

No comments: