Monday, June 7, 2010

VBS Monday




I feel like even though the kids have been out of school for a little over a week that today is the actual start of summer for us. Two of the boys started VBS this morning, they were so excited about going, they woke up super early and were dressed and ready without me having to even say a word. I am enjoying that they are a little more independent this summer, they are able to get their own cereal and dress themselves and with all of that I find that I have a few extra minutes for myself. Isaac was a little sad to say goodbye to them he wanted to stay so badly with them and that is wonderful because he gets to stay next week.

I survived our very first all boys sleepover, I was so amazed at the boys my son has chosen to be his friends. I am so proud of his choices, all of the boys were so well mannered and really polite. I wasn't looking forward to the sleepover at all, I thought it was going to be loud and wild and I would secretly hide in the bathroom and try desperately not to pull out all of my hair ( I just got highlights so that wouldn't be such a great idea!). But it was the complete opposite in fact I would love to have them all over again maybe even a few times through the summer.
Isaac and I went to the grocery store and bought tons of summer produce this morning and we are chopping it all up and organizing it so that we have plenty of fresh and yummy snacks on hand. Other than that we have a very relaxing day planned, a nap, some playtime, maybe even a little pool time and then we are having a sweet sweet family over for dinner. Speaking of dinner...I was wondering what some of your favorite summer recipes are I would love to try out some new menu items. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Beth in NC said...

Oh wow, I can't imagine a group of young boys being quiet and well mannered. Ha. That is awesome! Little girls love to SQUEAL! When my daughter has a friend over (never had a sleepover -- she isn't 5 yet) they giggle and squeal. :o)

Thanks so much for visiting me and leaving such a sweet comment.

God bless you today!
Beth