Friday, January 14, 2011

Attitude is everything...

Today I had to relearn an old lesson once again. A is for attitude and attitude especially mine is a choice. A choice I choose to make at the beginning of each day. I can choose to be cranky (like I did this morning!)or choose differently and see what blessings will be brought before me. This is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it. When I get in this funk it's admittedly hard to get out of. I think it's my let down after the holidays. With all the hustle and bustle the holidays bring it's hard for me sometimes to look at my calendar and only have a couple of have to's on my list. I am a very structured person and I don't think I do so well, or change that it takes me a while to get used to not having a bazillion things to do. I know that sometimes I complain about the business of it all sometimes but then again I think I like it, the constant adrenaline of it all.
2011 has taken it's sweet time moving in. I can't believe we will be entering the third week of January and I haven't posted since November. I could do a recap but that would take so very long so new year new blog, and we'll just start from here.
WOW started back up last week, and I couldn't be happier about that. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it's Women of Wisdom and I feel liked such a blessed soul to share my Wednesdays with such a wonderful and blessed group of women. This time around I'm doing Effective parenting in a defective world. Wow, what a fabulous book ( by Chip Ingram) so powerful. Although after last week's session I was convinced that I was ruining my children and it would be for there own good if I just left them off to be raised by a pack of wolves, obviously they could raise my children far better than I ever could. This week however much better, thank God, I was really nervous! So far I've learned (sorry I know this post is winded, but I guess that's what happens when I let two months go by) that the best thing I can give my kids is the real me, flaws and all. However the real me should also be more Christlike and the more Christ like me is what I want to become, because the more Christ like I become the more they will too. So as I see it, it's a win win opportunity for all of us.
A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher. Luke 6:40
So since I haven't yet...Happy Happy New Year, I hope it's full of blessings, love, good changes and good attitudes, because as I learned once again today attitude is everything!

No comments: