Saturday, January 15, 2011

A risotto and wrestling kind of day...


Sometimes it is just the best being a mommy to all boys, and well other times I feel very out numbered! Last night we went to see the Harlem Globetrotters, it was so much fun, we all laughed a lot and had a great time. It's amazing to see how Isaac is able to join us for such outings now. He laughed and ate popcorn until I thought he'd puke for sure. Today we all slept in, well except for the hubby he is at work today, so it's just me and the boys. We must of all needed the sleep because we slept until almost ten, which is unheard of in this house, my boys are all early risers, I usually hear their little feet hit the tile about seven. We got up and got busy, we have a lot to do today. So instead of being unprepared like I was last night when it came to feeding us all I decided to cook today although I can't complain those Digorno pizzas were pretty good. However I don't think frozen pizza is so good two nights in a row. So I made wild mushroom asparagus risotto for lunch, which will actually be dinner. I used the usual risotto rice but I've had this bag of forbidden rice in my pantry for a while so I decided to mix them. It was so yummy and so colorful. The black rice turned the risotto the most beautiful purple color and combine that with the mushrooms, asparagus, onions and pecans and it was colorful and yummy! I am a huge fan, no pun intended ( although I would like to be a smaller fan) of the show The Biggest Loser and I remember Bob saying that the more colorful your food the better it is for your body, Americans are so used to eating everything and all things beige, and at this point I couldn't agree with him more. My plate was beautiful, colorful and disgustingly clean and yummy. I think I will need all the energy my wonderful lunch gave me too, remember how I started this post with how much I love being the only girl in the house, well tonight...well it's just not going to be one of those kinda nights. We are going to see live wrestling tonight. I know yuck, well for me anyway. I think I would rather stay home and scrub the toilets until one could eat off of them, but I guess I just have to suck it up and join in on the "fun". So I would love to have any and all prayers passed my way, I will absolutely need them to stay awake through it, or keep my lunch down. Oh well, and if my memory serves me right I think the Home & Garden expo is coming up so all is fair. Happy Saturday!

No comments: