Monday, January 24, 2011

Daddy got a new toy!


My husband works horrible hours and a lot of them. He usually ony gets Sundays off, so that time is so precious for us. After church yesterday we came home and he went straight to work, a good home kind of work. He put together a gift the kiddos got for Christmas, a big indoor basketball thingy. We have an unfinished room in the basement that the kids have taken over for themselves, and little by little we are making it a game room for them. They have a hockey table, and a TV with their video games systems hooked up, a train table and now the basketball thingy.
So yesterday with all of them downstairs playing or working on projects I had a lot of quiet time upstairs, it was very nice. So about five or so, (I thought he would be so far into the football game that I wouldn't see him all evening) he comes running up the stairs...Hurry Hurry I really want to make it to Costco before they close, which I replied OK well what's so important that it can't wait until tomorrow?

Well this was what he wanted, a new toy for his man cave! I thought it was totally sweet, and they all enjoyed it last night. I think he told me this morning that they ate like 24 cups of popcorn between the four of them last night. I loved it! He was totally into the kids and they were equally just soaking in this precious time with him. Oh how I love my man!

No comments: