Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I have a song in my heart

Happy Hump day Y'all I hope it's going well so far. I've been extremely busy the last couple of days, the hubby and I are hosting a wine tasting at our house tomorrow night, so I've been running around getting everything ready for that. We are having such a great turn out that sadly to say I may have to practice saying no sooner rather than later, the wine consultant can only get so many pours out of each bottle and we have met our capacity, so I'm crossing my fingers that no one else calls to come. I am excited about it, we've never hosted anything like this before so we will have to just wait and see how it goes, although I think it's going to be great!

I was washing the dishes the other day and listening to the radio, while I watched the kiddos play outside and terrorize the neighbors. I wasn't really paying much attention to what he was talking about until I heard him say "Most people die with their music still inside them". He went on to talk about how so many of us have God given talents that we don't use or share with others because we are too embarrassed or we are waiting for the opportunity when we are good enough at it or simply waiting for our anxieties to dissipate so we can step out into the spotlight. I loved this and it struck something in me at such a deep level that it brought tears to my eyes. I pondered this question to myself the entire sink load of dishes. What is my music, and why am I keeping it inside, do I want to be one of those people that let it die inside of me just because I don't have the guts to let it out, because of my fear of what others will think? I have lots and lots of things I want to do, but I'm constantly waiting for the opportune time to do it, but as I get older and life gets busier I'm realizing that tomorrow is never promised and if I am blessed with tomorrow do I want to fill it up with busy work or with moments I will remember for the rest of my tomorrows. I need to start getting out of my own little bubble and starting figuring out what exactly my music is and how I can share it. So I came up with a list of a few things I will do before the end of this year, nothing big like traveling the globe, but little things I can do to take a step of my comfort zone, help others and get to know myself a little more. So the first is (drum roll please) I love to work out, I'm at the gym at least five or six days a week, zumba is my favorite class and I'm good at it, so why not learn to teach it. That is absolutely stepping out of my comfort zone (for those of you who don't know me very well, I'm kinda shy), so this March I will be flying to San Diego to get my certification and then I can start teaching! The second is that I'm absolutely in love with photography, I think that's why I've stayed hooked in the bloggy world for so long, I love photographs and I would love learn to do it myself, so in August Isaac will be starting kindergarten and I too will be going back to school, I'm really excited about this one. I also want to take a vegetarian cooking class, I love to cook and being that I'm a newbie at the whole vegetarian thing I would love to learn to feed us all in a more healthy way. And last but not least I want to start listening to the subtle nudges God gives me everyday, I want to do good things for others, I want to buy total strangers desert on night just because, I want to help little old ladies cross the street. I think this one hits home because right now I see how much Manuel and I model behavior for our children and I want them to see that we are all connected and we need to love each other and take care of each other. I want my children to see that their mom lived, I mean really lived, took chances, loved so deep it hurt, prayed so hard her knees were sore, and danced until she couldn't pick of her feet anymore, and really folks isn't that what life is really all about, LIVING, so I ask what are we all waiting for. There is always going to be carpool, and basketball practice, but one day that final day will your music die still inside of you?

No comments: