Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Home Cooked Valentine's Day




This year since Valentine's Day was on a school night, we thought it would be fun to celebrate it at home as a family. The hubby and I usually go somewhere romantic but we thought it would be a lot more fun to turn our own dining room into a fabulous Valentine themed restaurant. So there were balloons, heart shaped lights, a heart tree, and much much more. The kids and I decorated it all afternoon and they helped me make a simple but super yummy dinner (spaghetti & meatballs, with a salad) they also got to use the grown up wine glasses to drink their sparkling cider, it was wonderful we all laughed and talked about the day, the parties they had at school and about the gifts and candy they had each received. Then after putting the kiddos to sleep my hubby and I danced the night away thanks to our cable box that had a certain channel that was playing valentine themed music, it was so simple yet probably one of the best Valentines ever. It was about our family and how much we all love each other. I hope that this occasion leads to more nights just like this one!

No comments: