Monday, February 14, 2011

Science fair fun & a happy Valentine's Day



So a few days ago I promised some big news regarding Nicolas, well drum roll please....He won first place at his school's science fair. We showed up to school bright and early last Thursday morning, the school was hosting the parents and feeding us pastries so we could mosey around and check out all the kid's projects. These kids are so intelligent and ask the most amazing questions, I really enjoyed walking around looking at each project. When we finally found Nick's I thought he was going to pass out, he looked at me with this huge smile and it took a few seconds for any words to come out, "Mom, Mom, Mom I won I got 1st place, I told you it was good!" It was such a great feeling to watch my son feel so proud of something he had accomplished. He worked very hard on it, and deserved that beautiful blue ribbon. So enough bragging I'm off to celebrate Valentines Day with all my little Valentines, I have a little something up my sleeve for them just a little something special I planned for them so I will show all of you later. In the meantime I'm off with eleven pounds of sliced oranges for Nathan's second grade party, 12 sweetly wrapped preschool gifts for Isaac, and nothing more that a warm hug for Nicolas (his teacher thinks they are too old to celebrate Valentines Day, I say bahh humbug to you, no one is ever to old to celebrate love) Happy Valentines Day!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Please tell Nicholas congratulations from us; what a wonderful achievement! I hope you all have a lovely valentines!