Monday, November 24, 2008

9 years and counting...

What a wonderful day it's been today. Today Manuel and I are celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary. I can say that I am married to the most wonderful, loving, nurturing, compassionate and honest man. All those years ago I was indeed marrying my very best friend. God has brought us down a wonderful path, we've had our ups and our downs but I've learned that every relationship big or small has its seasons. I wouldn't trade what I share with him for the world, we have found a place of acceptance, respect and love and I wish every relationship makes it to that point it really is what marriage is about and makes it all worth it. I want to thank him for making our marriage a priority and for loving me flaws and all (he loves what a dork I can be he is a keeper).
The best news of all today is that my Grandpa is doing great. His tests came back that his tumors are shrinking, actually shrinking I'm so eternally grateful. I guess God is listening to our prayers each day on the way to school, Isaac is so cute he prays for his Grandpa Tony the one who lives "on the phone" every day. He thinks the rest of our family lives in Santa Fe but Grandpa lives on the phone too cute. What an amazing day our family has had. Thank you all again as the cards and gifts are still a daily occurrence in my mail box Love you all:)

2 comments:

Michaelene said...

Happy Anniversary you two little lovebirds!! Sounds like Dominic & mom are off to get Gramps to the airport! Happy Thanksgiving, Briseno Turkeys! We love you!

Laura said...

I didn't forget your Anniversary I promise! I'm so glad you two are still in love!

That is awesome wonderful news about your gramps! Keep those prayers rollin!