Saturday, November 22, 2008

blessed

We found out some very sad news last night and I ask all of you to pray with me for our dear friends. Our dear friends who had tried very hard to get pregnant for quite a while found out they were expecting not too long ago. Well she delivered ther couple's very first child, a son at 25 weeks, he weighed in at barely a pound. Although small he has been very courageous and strong in his fight for life, small in size huge in spirit. He is now almost three pounds at almost two months old. He has been blessed by miracles everyday, he has defied every odd. The doctor told this beautiful baby's mother yesterday that his brain is not growing, and hasn't grown since birth, while his head (skull) continues to grow his brain isn't developing, there is fluid between the skull and the brain and it is likely he will have cerebral palsy. I ask you to pray for this amazing family, they have been on such a roller coaster full of good days and bad. The baby is in a hospital over 100 miles away from home so there is constant travel. Please pray for baby Drezdin his beautiful mommy and his wonderful dad. Healthy babies are something I've taken for granted until now, I realize how blessed we are. I pray that this mother will soon hold a healthy baby in her arms and in her own home.
P.S The Ronald McDonald House has been allowing the family to stay, the house is across the street from the hospital, I never realized how much they do for families I will now use the donation boxes I see, they are such an amazing group they have provided so much.

Blessed is the man who trusts in The Lord Jeremiah 17:7

2 comments:

Michaelene said...

Oh Dear God! I can not believe this news. Is she still staying there at the Ronald McDonald house? I still need their address, will you email it to me, please? I hope and pray that it's just a touch of macrocephaly that they can handle as he gets older. Thanks for the update. Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention in my last comment...how beautiful you look in the photos w/Naynie!!!
Praying for them and their precious baby boy :(

Laura said...

What a stong little boy your friend's family has. Tell them to keep their faith in God and he will guide them. My thoughts and prayers are with them. Love you.