Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Planning Christmas...


For the first time in a long time we are going to be away from home for Christmas. I've been on the Internet all day trying to find a flight for my hubby so he can meet me there on Christmas Eve and then fly out late Christmas Day. I'm sad he won't be able to spend much time with us but I also understand that it's an important time for him to be at work, I'm super excited that I get a Santa Fe Christmas though, and snow would just put the cherry on top for me. I haven't had snow on Christmas since I left SF and came to the dessert. So come on Santa I've been really good this year and all I want for Christmas is my family and a little or a lot of snow and maybe a sled!

With Thanksgiving being next week our little town kicks into overdrive and becomes the cutest little town on the planet. There are huge parades, light parades, caroling, courthouse lighting, valley of lights and the list just keeps going and going. It's during holidays that I really appreciate where I live and how lucky I am to raise my children in a small town. Leaving SF was one of the hardest things I thought, but now I feel it was He who grabbed my shoulders and guided me here, I am blessed in every way and blessed to be here. May the blessing of this coming season surround all of you and all of those you love.

1 comment:

Michaelene said...

You had bible study, yesterday, didn't you?! I can tell :o)

We are super excited that you all will be here for Christmas ... especially for Grampa!

Cute picture lady - keep the words of inspiration coming!

Oh yeah - it's your birthday tomorrow!! How old? Ha...you're catching up to me ;)

Love you bunches & bunches!!