Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Circus is in town

The circus is in town..oh what fun! Well things turned aroundd this week, it turned out to be a fantastic week probably because I looked at a calendar and figured that the kids only have a couple of weeks of summer vacation left. So I'm going to enjoy every minute we have left. We finally got to swim with Susie and her kids we had a wonderful time. We swam until the afternoon monsoon kicked in and then we went home for a nice nap as it rained couldn't have been better. The kids had karate yesterday and that went well, they have improved so much they are moving up into a new swat class they are soooo excited. After karate lastnight my wonderful parents took all three of the kids to the circus and then a sleep over, that meant time for Manuel and I. We went out to our favorite restaurant and had amazing sushi. Then with full bellies we walked around the square listening to the bands playing in all the bars down whiskey row. The weather was beautiful and there were alot of people walking last night it was wonderful, I had really missed my husband and it was nice to just be and just be with him. Sometimes I can let myself get so caught up in what the kids are doing that I forget how nice it is to be with him. Our new goal is to spend one night a week without the kids and have date night we need to do that more often because right now we are lucky if we have two date nights a month. We have a wonderful relationship and more quality time together just makes it that much better. Today we have a birthday party to go to, Thanks Marnie! Well that's all from me for now however the weekend has just started and leaves plenty of room for opportunity. *Mikie, I will have Garrett Mon, tues and thurs this week so I'll keep you posted on all our activities, the boys are super excited:)

1 comment:

Michaelene said...

Where'd you guys eat sushi? Is it that place near the square - Monsoon? Next time you're here, I'll take you for REAL sushi - unbelievable how good it is!!

I'm glad you'll have Garbear a few days this week. I'm thinking about packing up and heading out, maybe around the 20th. What are the plans for Nathan's birthday? I have to ask like 14 thousand times... maybe we'll come earlier!

Miss you much - hugs and sloppy kisses for the boys!! Ha!!