Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day 1

Off to a good start... Today has just been one of those days where nothing seems to work out the way I planned. Nicolas woke up with a terrible headache today and wanted to stay home, missing vacation bible school. Meaning I didn't have those glorious 3 hours all to myself. So of course thirty minutes later he was fine, and happy to have missed vbs. This afternoon the kids were going to start a self defense class and as soon as we got there found out it had to be rescheduled and of course that was after the hustle and bustle of trying to get all of us out of the house on time so on to the next planned activity, a swim play date with the wonderful Susie Dandos (Nicolas' 2nd grade teacher, and just maybe the coolest lady on the planet) and on the way to the car we saw lightning then called to find out the pool had just closed. Bummer! So hopefully we can get to the pool later this evening, it really helps the kids get all their energy out and sleep better, and when they sleep better so do I so swimming is pretty important to our daily routine this summer. Oh well so much for planning, I'll try being spontaneous tomorrow, maybe it will work out better.

1 comment:

Michaelene said...

Hi Honey! Take life as it comes at you and always expect the unexpected :o like lightning!!
Garrett's getting ready to hop on a plane to come out there tomorrow. I really want to come with him, can I? I'm really going to try to get the Whookie looked at and get on the road, soon. I miss you guys. Any big plans for Nathan's bday?