Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Nathan's Birthday

My oh my how time just flies. Today is my darling Nathan's 6th birthday, he is now old enough to count his age on both hands and he is super excited about that. To celebrate this big milestone we are going to take all the boys to Peter Piper Pizza for lunch and then spend the rest of the day at the pool. We are also going to celebrate his day tomorrow. Manuel and I are taking the boys to Phoenix to the Phoenix museum to see the grossology exhibit I don't know who is more excited about that trip and then we might hit the water park or something. I was thinking this morning how time has just been passing so fast these last few years. It seems like Nathan went from 3 to 6 overnite. He has grown into the sweetest child, he loves the outdoors and everything that walks, crawls, slithers or hops. We have tons of frogs at our house because of the monsoons and everynight he is out frong hunting, little plastic homes (cups, bowls, anything that will house critters) line the wall of his room most days. We had to make a rule that he can only keep them for a little while and then the critters have to be released so they can go back to their families. He's just too cute, he always says "look mom, hoppy is going back to his mommy" the critters are always named hoppy or pincky don't know why that's just the way it is. Well I could sit and write about Nathan and his adorable quircks all day but I must go shopping now and pick up is Wall-E cake ( I think that's how it's spelled). I just feel extremly blessed to have been given the opportunity to watch this child grow and lucky enough to be loved by him he is truly amazing. Thank You god for giving me this child. We also have welness checks today so I will post that tomorrow, have an amazing day. P.S Mikie, Garrett is wonderful and we are just having a ball with him:)

1 comment:

Michaelene said...

Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday sweet Naynie, Happy Birthday to YOU!! We love you bug, wish we could be there to celebrate with you - sounds like you'll have a super, fabulous day! I can't believe you are already 6 YEARS OLD!!
Shiri, thank you for taking such great care of my Garbear, it makes me feel much better that he's with you!